Step 1: Connect online through Facetime or Skype
Step 2: Our designer will take the time to get to know you and ask you questions about what you are looking for. At this time you can present your pictures, ideas, etc. If you don’t have any, let us ask all the questions and see what we come up with! A list of possible questions we might ask…
- What style are you looking for? What kind of personality do you want your dress to portray?
- Do you like/dislike fringe, feathers, appliques, beads, pearls, stones, etc.
- Do you have a particular fabric you like?
- What is your favorite color?
- Do you like ombre? (shaded or graduated color tone)
- Do you like an open back? Sleeves or no sleeves?
- Do you have a particular skirt style?
- Do you like to play with your skirt when you dance?
- What part of your body would you like to emphasize or deemphasize?
Step 3: Designing begins! We have found that we can best meet your custom needs when your budget is 4000 or more as we can offer a lot more options. Please give honest feedback and guidance through the sketching process. The sketch is not finished until you love every aspect of the design. Please be sure to inform us when you need your completed dress.
Step 4: After the sketch has been finalized, we will give you the overall cost. We may need double check the cost of certain materials, and will inform you about any potential adjustments to the cost. We use only the highest quality fabrics and supplies available and will always make sure we do what is best for you.
Step 5: You will receive an invoice via e-mail and be required to pay 2/3 before production of your dress begins. We prefer cash, check, or bank transfer. Special arrangements can be made if you need to pay via credit card.
Step 6: Supplies are purchased and production on your dress begins.
Step 7: Fitting time! If you live near us, you will have a fitting for the bodice and then again when the dress is complete. When the dress is ready for you to take, the reamaining 1/3 is due. If you live out-of-state a picture of the final gown is e-mailed to you for approval. Payment is then due, and a Video Call will be set up to make sure it looks the way you want it to. You have 7 days once you receive your gown to set up a Skype/Face Time meeting to make additional alterations/changes you need. If adjustments are needed at this time, simply mail the dress back to us so we can make it perfect for you.
Step 8: You wear your dress at your next performance or competition!